Thursday, 22 January 2009

You Can't Fool All the People All the Time

By RK Rishikesh Sinha, New Delhi

With the untoward events unfolding in the nearby website, seeing their intention, the blog has been put on high alert. All the doors and windows have been closed and boundaries are being fenced. 

The 60-strong photographs of the programme are not in downloadable format. You can’t download it. You can’t share it. You can’t bring the concept of collaboration with your own near and dear ones. Same has been done with other assets of the blog. 

And all the enriching contents are being checked whether someone is misusing it or not. I can’t help! The blog is valuable and it has to be protected. The blog is in complete denial mode, now. 

As I have told you in one article I don’t have any attachment to the Silchar town but I love my village Mohanpur. Reason! First, people whom I have encountered in my nascent school days were hide-and-seek personality. They used to hide if possible everything. The same was done here recently when an event went unnoticed. And the same mentality is seen online. The product this town throws to the world. 

Visit Silchar.com and click on the Photo of the Day tab, you will surely feel the same they don’t want to share anything to the valuable readers. The site breaks your trust. The site tells you in your back of your mind: You feel grateful that you are watching the photos that you have provided to you. They use watermarks [www.silchar.com 2003] so that you don’t download it and put it as your desktop image. Even you will not print it and put on your wall. 

Now, come to the blog. Can’t I put watermark on each and every programme photographs? I can with a click of a button. I can emblazon the blog’s URL, even my name – RK Rishikesh Sinha. 

But sorry I didn’t follow something like this that is wrong and sets a wrong example in the blog. I am maturing with this blog and hence the readers. It is first time happening that more than 200 subcribers are reading daily content written on the community activities, written by Bishnupriya Manipuri people. 

There are ethics that I have emulated in my school and in university and in my profession. However, the online world runs on some fundamentals. That is why Google is Google and Amazon is Amazon. And this blog has become big.

What the blog could have done?

(1) The blog could have taken Names, Phone numbers and many private information in the subscription procedure itself. But it was not done. Reason! In due course of time, I could become all-know person. 

(2) The blog could be visible only to the subscribers. But the blog could be seen by anyone those who are not subscribed to it. 

(3) The subscribers can UNsubscribe from receiving the alert. This option could have been stopped. So, once subscribers subscribed to the blog they cannot go out of the blog. But this has not been stopped. And see the beauty, indeed only three Bishnupriya Manipuri guys have unsubscribed to the service. 

(4) No copy-paste work: I received lot of copy and paste articles. I didn’t allow it. Reason! It will flood the blog with copy and paste work. Hence setting again a bad example. I intend to say let people write, and let the writers learn from the mistakes. Unwind their mind.

(5) One mistake that I could have done. Thanks one person for guiding me not doing that grand mistake. Else this blog couldn’t have become the darling of many like you whom I don’t know. It will remain a secret till this blog employs a Bishnupriya Manipuri guy who does reporting job from our villages. He/ she will be earning from the blog. And this is one of my dreams. 

I am writing this article because: You Can't Fool All the People All the Time

If you don’t like anything, readers have the choice they can unsubscribe. No prejudice! The blog will stop. We all need guidance same here, email me at rajkumarrishi1@gmail.com

Note: In few days all the photos will be in downlable format.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Bisarei — Bishnupriya Manipuri Search Engine

Bisarei