Skip to main content

Let us help each other

By RK Rishikesh Sinha, New Delhi

Two weeks back, I received a call from an insurance agent. Like those who hate to receive calls in office time, I said, “I don’t need policy-wolicy, if possible give me money, avail me money”. 

The person at the other end knowing I am not the nut which he can crack, in a polite voice said, “Sir, are you from Assam, are you Manipuri?” Hearing his query, my voice iced and I said “Yes”. He immediately transferred the call to a person. He said, “Are you Manipuri”. “Yes, I am Bishnupriya Manipuri”. “Dada…”. The policy agent came out to be a Bishnupriya Manipuri. 

Not wasting his time, I said “Don’t worry, you come to my home but don’t talk to me in office, you drop in my home with all papers and documents”. 

He dropped in my home on this Sunday. 

Now what is the point of telling all this here in the blog. What I have done on this Sunday? There is a point. First, the 20 something age Bishnupriya Manipuri boy was not in financial terms literate. Second, we both exchanged services. That was beneficial for both. 

Let me come to the first point. I asked him couple of questions like where the money will go, where it will be invested, what is the basis of investment, what are the financial instruments through which the money will be routed in the finance stream, most important how I could come to know the present value of my insurance? Simply to check him can he be referred to my colleagues and his knowledge on finance? 

Sorry, he did not know the life cycle of the money that I will be pouring in the stream through him. He was more eager to insure me than knowing these questions. 

He was simply doing his job – selling insurance. Not knowing the overview of the whole system. 

Now the crux – of course it applies to me as well – let us hone our skill and try to understand things in bigger scale. If the blog is running on the internet, I must have the overview of the whole internet world, and the minutiae on which the blog is afloat. Perhaps with the understanding of the complexities of content and distribution. Start thinking, it is very complex. 

Next comes the exchange of services that we both did. Yes, I loved the services that we both exchanged. It was a helping hand from both of us. I helped him. He helped me. 

So, I say if you are in a position to book flights from your office or for your personal use, do use any of the travel Yatra link in this blog. I will be helped; the blog will get a helping hand from all of you. 

I use this link to book flight tickets from my office. Good thing, one of my Bishnupriya Manipuri friends uses this link to book flights ticket for his office travel. Irony I didn’t know him and he knows the blog only.




Please subscribe to the blog: receive email. Get Free alert on your mobile! Click here.

Subscribe:

Comments

  1. good info, but I sud have known this some days back. Anyways, will keep in mind next time Rishi...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rishida,
    Apologies for calling you dada , but it is out of respect for a fellow Bishnupriya manipuri.

    1.did you buy annuity from him.

    2.what is he doing to change his state of financial know/how, what did you advise him?

    3. Do you not buy annuity from him because it would set a wrong example (given that he does not know his trade well) or u bought it because he was a bishupriya manipuri

    Best regards,
    - Ubba

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all love comments. It is moderated

Popular posts from this blog

The 'Star' Krishankant Sinha of Space City Sigma

By RK Rishikesh Sinha, New Delhi It is a myth that the all-knowing Internet knows everything. One such myth relates to old television stuff aired on Doordarshan before 1990. Search in Google “Space City Sigma”, the search engine would throw up reminiscent results from the people who still long for those days. Those days were really golden days. Krishankant Sinha in the role of Captain Tara in Space City Singma For those who have watched Doordarshan some 15 to 20 years back, am sure they will have nostalgic memories of it. The days when possessing a now ubiquitous looking television set was a luxury. It was a neighbour’s envy product. It was a visual product to showoff, to flaunt that we have a television set . Those were the days when black and white, locked television was rarely found in homes. The days became immortal for teleserials like Ramayana, Mahabharata, Swami’s Malgudi Days (Ta-Na-Na-Na…), Ek-Do-Teen-Char (Title song: Ek do teen char, chaaro mil ke saath chale to ...

Bishnupriya Manipuri Development Council: Few Pertinent Questions (Part I)

By Rebati Mohan Sinha On last 25th March 2010 there was an announcement in the floor of the House that the Government of Assam has agreed on principle to form three separate Social Economic Development Councils for Bishnupriya Manipuri, Nath Yugi and Maimal. And now the Cabinet Committee has given its nod. It will be placed in the House (not yet placed) and once it is passed, then a Ministerial Committee would consult the stake holders i.e. these three communities, regarding their aspirations and would send its recommendation accordingly to the Central Government for further action within the next two months. The two months time since been elapsed, even then the bill is yet to show its face in the House. The Ministerial consultation is quite far away. Why am I repeating the same thing now is because of a section of Bishnupriya Manipuri started quarreling for the share of so-called power, from now on, without knowing the outcome of the development which is taking place in the...

Smart Study

By Surajit Sinha, New Delhi All about studying Since all the competitive exams are based on multiple choice question patterns, I would suggest you to study in a CBSE curriculum especially if you are in north east. If you want to make it in IIT/Engineering start preparing from class VIII. If you want to make a career as a academician or a research/scientist then only enroll for a Bachelor of Science course. Otherwise wipe out these courses from your mind. For engineering aspirants it is best to enroll yourself to a coaching institute, which not only refine your skill but also give a boost to your confidence. if you are not good enough in studies, do not hesitate to join ITI (industrial training institute), believe me this will catch you a fortune in terms of your academic capability. Girls can opt for various vocational training courses offered by local vocational colleges. The latest in thing in studying is nano-technology, bio-technology, these two fields holds the future of industry...