Skip to main content

I remember you, a poem by Shila Sinha


I remember you
By Shila Sinha

I remember you
At the wee hours of dawn.
You evaded my memory
As far as I rekon


You were lost elsewhere,
Among the cane stems,
And swept out by the colours
Like a flash of lightning.


A dreadful dream
Had left me numb,
As I allow thoughts
Of my existence to succumb.


I feel our culture
I feel our heritage
Deeply rooted in my veins
How can I go without them


I remember you
At the wee hours of dawn  
I’m terrified, shocked  of
A powerful blow of it
Comes like a flow of lava
From the volcano


Yelling of the thousands
Cannot be stopped
That frightened me of the bloodshed


I remember you
At the wee hours of dawn.





The language of poetry is heightened mostly by emotions. It concentrates meaning as a perfume concentrates different fragrances. We need poetry when life astounds us with losses gains or celebrations. Poetry is the language we speak in times of our greater need.

Shila Sinha is a Bangalore-based teacher and hails from Kailasaher, Tripura. Her father name is Nishikanta Sinha, mother name is Debjani Sinha.



Today is Thanksha (Saturday)

What next?

Comments

  1. Good one!
    You've definitely set the standards to the next level.
    Would definitely watch out on more from you, Ma'am!!
    Feedback- I'd like to see the genius in you to allow yourself and extend your creative flow a little more. I am sure it will be well received more than ever. Not an expert's word, but a reader's wish :)

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all love comments. It is moderated

Popular posts from this blog

The 'Star' Krishankant Sinha of Space City Sigma

By RK Rishikesh Sinha, New Delhi It is a myth that the all-knowing Internet knows everything. One such myth relates to old television stuff aired on Doordarshan before 1990. Search in Google “Space City Sigma”, the search engine would throw up reminiscent results from the people who still long for those days. Those days were really golden days. Krishankant Sinha in the role of Captain Tara in Space City Singma For those who have watched Doordarshan some 15 to 20 years back, am sure they will have nostalgic memories of it. The days when possessing a now ubiquitous looking television set was a luxury. It was a neighbour’s envy product. It was a visual product to showoff, to flaunt that we have a television set . Those were the days when black and white, locked television was rarely found in homes. The days became immortal for teleserials like Ramayana, Mahabharata, Swami’s Malgudi Days (Ta-Na-Na-Na…), Ek-Do-Teen-Char (Title song: Ek do teen char, chaaro mil ke saath chale to ...

Bishnupriya Manipuri Development Council: Few Pertinent Questions (Part I)

By Rebati Mohan Sinha On last 25th March 2010 there was an announcement in the floor of the House that the Government of Assam has agreed on principle to form three separate Social Economic Development Councils for Bishnupriya Manipuri, Nath Yugi and Maimal. And now the Cabinet Committee has given its nod. It will be placed in the House (not yet placed) and once it is passed, then a Ministerial Committee would consult the stake holders i.e. these three communities, regarding their aspirations and would send its recommendation accordingly to the Central Government for further action within the next two months. The two months time since been elapsed, even then the bill is yet to show its face in the House. The Ministerial consultation is quite far away. Why am I repeating the same thing now is because of a section of Bishnupriya Manipuri started quarreling for the share of so-called power, from now on, without knowing the outcome of the development which is taking place in the...

Smart Study

By Surajit Sinha, New Delhi All about studying Since all the competitive exams are based on multiple choice question patterns, I would suggest you to study in a CBSE curriculum especially if you are in north east. If you want to make it in IIT/Engineering start preparing from class VIII. If you want to make a career as a academician or a research/scientist then only enroll for a Bachelor of Science course. Otherwise wipe out these courses from your mind. For engineering aspirants it is best to enroll yourself to a coaching institute, which not only refine your skill but also give a boost to your confidence. if you are not good enough in studies, do not hesitate to join ITI (industrial training institute), believe me this will catch you a fortune in terms of your academic capability. Girls can opt for various vocational training courses offered by local vocational colleges. The latest in thing in studying is nano-technology, bio-technology, these two fields holds the future of industry...