Is there any way to change / transfer SBI Branch from one place to another?
Yes, one can easily transfer SBI Branch from one city to another. That is without visiting the home branch.
Recently I had to move my saving account from SBI Guwahati University Branch (Assam) to SBI Chhawala Branch, New Delhi. I was bit emotional to my decision since there would not be any reason in future to visit Gauhati University, and alongside the areas like Azara, Borjhar.
The same procedure I followed to change my wife SBI Saving Account from Guwahati Airport Branch to the same bank in New Delhi.
Anyway, here is the process:
For the sake of simplicity, let us assume that you would like to transfer your SBI Saving Account from City A (SBI-A) to SBI Branch (SBI-B) located in city B. Presently you are staying in city B.
1. Write an application to The Manager, SBI Branch i.e., SBI-A mentioning the reason of the change. The reason might be that you no longer stay in the city A and you are residing in city B. That would be enough.
In the application, do mention the city B SBI Branch name, IFSC Code, address etc.
2. Support your application with signed photocopy of your SBI Saving Account Passbook.
3. Do mention in the application, previous personal details like your address and mobile number and your present address and mobile number.
4. Sign it. Don't forget to put date on the application.
5. Send the application with supporting documents by India Post Speed Post service to SBI-A. Note down the article no so that you can track it online later.
6. Wait for a week time. Log in SBI Online website, you will find the change of bank's name.
7. Now you visit SBI-B branch with supporting documents to fulfill the KYC (Know Your Customer) norms. Take it with you photocopies of identity proof, residence proof, passport size photograph. And submit it. Don't forget to take the original documents, the clerk would like to cross-check it.
There would not be any change to your ATM/Debit Card Pin No and SBI Netbanking details.