Skip to main content

Sadhu Thakur’s utsav for me

NEWS & VIEWS

By Suroshree Sinha, Bangalore



I have hardly been to Sadhu Thakur’s utsav. It was either something with office or something that kept me away from going. However, every time I had gone there I landed up meeting people who were either just phone friends or friends with whom I have lost touch. In Delhi I landed up meeting so many people and they are still in touch and are friends. To mention a few – Rishi, BN, Jyotirmoy, Tridiv.

In Delhi I had gone to represent my father Mr Kajal Kanti Sinha, who was in Pune that year, for the same thing. He called me through out the time and gave me an update of everything that was happening there when it was happening at the same time in Delhi. Dad wants to visit every place where they are making an effort to celebrate Sadhu Thakur’s utsav.



This year I am in Bangalore (for people who do not know… well I just got married in this town… thanks for the congratulation mails). He was here to visit me and the coincidence!!!! It was time for Sadhu Thakur’s utsav and he wanted to be a part of it. So we all got dressed up for the occasion and visited the venue. It was in a Krishna Mandir tucked away in the corner of the main street. It was decorated very simply with a stage, a seating area, a changing room and a dining area.



The first thing that struck me was the area was so clean, I mean where do you see clean temples in North, except the ISKON temple. Well, they had put together some cultural programs and Sheila kaki (She has written on the same event – check it out too) was ushering the whole event. She really did a brilliant job. She is a teacher so it comes naturally to her. There were some very well put together dance items, song numbers and a very well written poem about the life of Sadhu Thakur. Dad then spoke about the only Bishnupriya Manipuri temple that is coming up in Raadha kund and how everyone involved in it is wishing to have a Sadhu Thakur utsav there some time in the near future, and requested everyone to contribute an amount, what ever suitable for them.



The second thing that caught my eye was the way the elders were ushered to have lunch before any young bloods and no one complained. It needed a little mentioning but it happened, just the way it happens in the villages. This is something that is a beautiful tradition, a small gesture to show that you respect your elders.



That day I met lot of people and realized that in that utsav I had more family members than I had expected it: relatives I did not even know, friends I had long lost touch with. The day ended with introduction of who was who and I left with a long list of phone numbers and knowing that I have more family members in Bangalore than I had originally counted.



Related articles:

The making of an event


Today is Leipakpa (Tuesday)

Comments

  1. I am very happy to celebrate the Sadhuthakur Utsav at Bengalore

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy to celebrate the Sadhuthakur Utsav at Bengalore

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all love comments. It is moderated

Popular posts from this blog

The 'Star' Krishankant Sinha of Space City Sigma

By RK Rishikesh Sinha, New Delhi It is a myth that the all-knowing Internet knows everything. One such myth relates to old television stuff aired on Doordarshan before 1990. Search in Google “Space City Sigma”, the search engine would throw up reminiscent results from the people who still long for those days. Those days were really golden days. Krishankant Sinha in the role of Captain Tara in Space City Singma For those who have watched Doordarshan some 15 to 20 years back, am sure they will have nostalgic memories of it. The days when possessing a now ubiquitous looking television set was a luxury. It was a neighbour’s envy product. It was a visual product to showoff, to flaunt that we have a television set . Those were the days when black and white, locked television was rarely found in homes. The days became immortal for teleserials like Ramayana, Mahabharata, Swami’s Malgudi Days (Ta-Na-Na-Na…), Ek-Do-Teen-Char (Title song: Ek do teen char, chaaro mil ke saath chale to ...

Bishnupriya Manipuri Development Council: Few Pertinent Questions (Part I)

By Rebati Mohan Sinha On last 25th March 2010 there was an announcement in the floor of the House that the Government of Assam has agreed on principle to form three separate Social Economic Development Councils for Bishnupriya Manipuri, Nath Yugi and Maimal. And now the Cabinet Committee has given its nod. It will be placed in the House (not yet placed) and once it is passed, then a Ministerial Committee would consult the stake holders i.e. these three communities, regarding their aspirations and would send its recommendation accordingly to the Central Government for further action within the next two months. The two months time since been elapsed, even then the bill is yet to show its face in the House. The Ministerial consultation is quite far away. Why am I repeating the same thing now is because of a section of Bishnupriya Manipuri started quarreling for the share of so-called power, from now on, without knowing the outcome of the development which is taking place in the...

Smart Study

By Surajit Sinha, New Delhi All about studying Since all the competitive exams are based on multiple choice question patterns, I would suggest you to study in a CBSE curriculum especially if you are in north east. If you want to make it in IIT/Engineering start preparing from class VIII. If you want to make a career as a academician or a research/scientist then only enroll for a Bachelor of Science course. Otherwise wipe out these courses from your mind. For engineering aspirants it is best to enroll yourself to a coaching institute, which not only refine your skill but also give a boost to your confidence. if you are not good enough in studies, do not hesitate to join ITI (industrial training institute), believe me this will catch you a fortune in terms of your academic capability. Girls can opt for various vocational training courses offered by local vocational colleges. The latest in thing in studying is nano-technology, bio-technology, these two fields holds the future of industry...